Wednesday 1 January 2014

The wonder of Abstract Art.

Following on from my earlier blog about the necessity of filling our hearts and mind with wholesome and pure things, I wonder about the way and direction of “art” in this modern era. Recently I attended an “art”exhibition, from artists displaying their creations funded by government grants. I must say that I was stunned and bored at the perversity and lewdness of it all; to me a reflection of the direction of mass media and the sexualisation of everything. It seems that all artists are doing these days are taking the two extremes of holiness and perversity (or other topics… say veganism and meat eating) and merge them together to make a shock statement. What are they saying exactly? Well, often it’s up to us, the interpreters of the image or form and the mental dialogue that occurs in our mind as we apprehend what it is.

I have always loved art… majoring in Surrealist art in my final year of school gaining a High Degree of Mastery.  I also love Abstract Art… and it is because of Abstract Art that the idea of “Polly’s Little Kite” seeded in my mind. I’ll talk about that in another post…



The thing about abstract art, is that we see in the expression, what we think we see, not what the artist is trying to express. If our minds and hearts are full of healthy, wholesome and pure things, then it is more likely that what we see in abstract art will be a reflection of those beautiful things. If our minds are full of other things, well, that’s the art we will see. Peace.

(Here are some pics of me with some abstract creations I did a few years ago). 


No comments:

Post a Comment