Monday 13 January 2014

A Strange Hallelujah... a tale of something ridiculous

Something strange happened to me whilst praying at church the other day. 

After a time of inspirational singing, the congregation was led into a time of quiet prayer. I was in a place of tranquil reflection when all of a sudden… 

“Hallelujah”… Someone exclaimed from the congregation.

“Amen” I silently prayed.

Then again, with more intensity. “Hallelujah”

“Ah yes. God is good” I quietly agreed. I started thinking that someone in the congregation was about to erupt in spontaneous praise when…

“Hallelujah, HALLELUJAH” …a heavenly eruption.

“Hang on a minute” I thought. I leant over and asked my wife. “Was that a sneeze I heard just then, or a hallelujah?”

“It was a sneeze” she replied.

“Oh” I said, suddenly feeling very ridiculous.
“Did he use a hanky?” I asked.
“I think so”
“Hallelujah”


No comments:

Post a Comment